permaculture - [permaculture] Mountain Homestead & web netiquette

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: keithdj@mindspring.com
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Mountain Homestead & web netiquette
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 13:34:50 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Jacque (and Ish...and anyone else who qualifies),
In the future, to prevent identity theft and spam, please rigorously apply
the courteous practice of placing ALL email addresses in the BCC (blind
carbon copy)panel of your email program. When you forward the exposed
addresses sent to you, the problem becomes magnified. The safest way to send
bulk email is to send the message TO yourself and ALL others BCC.

Contributors to this list should ideally not even use the CC or BCC option
but ONLY send TO to list itself, taking the extra time to delete exposed
addresses within the body of the message.

Thank you for taking the time to read about email netiquette. Practicing it
can help keep all our inboxes free of unwanted spam. When,in the future, you
receive mail with long lists of exposed addresses please pass along the
helpful warnings.
Keith
PS I have scrubbed the list of addresses from this reply.