permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Standard Polycultures

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Sean Maley <semaley@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Standard Polycultures
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:27:03 -0800 (PST)

I happen to know Dave is interested in a web tool existing like this.

As much as I've wanted to be a part of developing a web tool for this kind of
purpose, something like this can get quite sophisticated.  With the right
team of developers, more realistic funding than previously attempted, and
enough time, this could exist and offer valuable insight on what your
neighbors have developed in terms of guilds.

I've thought of translating some of his species tables into a web tool, but
how would anyone use that information?  Imagine you are using a tool like
this.  Describe your experience and maybe I could get started on it.  If not
me, then somebody else can grab the ball.  I have a web host to get started,
if anyone wants to work on this (you need to know your Linux tools and be
able to use ssh to connect).

Remember that Dave needs your help to train the next generation of
Permaculture teachers (in February).  Either contact him directly or Green
Phoenix Permaculture (www.green-phoenix.org) to help out.

-Sean.