permaculture - Re: [permaculture] What are your favorite permaculture tools?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] What are your favorite permaculture tools?
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 20:00:07 -0500

Zachary Mermel wrote:
Greetings all,

As the global economy creaks and groans, now might be a good time to invest
in a full set of well-made tools. These tools could be purchased by an
individual, or by a co-op of neighbors who agree to share the tools.

So... What are some of *your *favorite tools? If possible, please list the
company from whom you sourced the tools.

For starters:

Gardening Hand Tool Sourcelist
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/documents/gardening-hand-tools.faq

There are many more tools available these days that need to be added to this
list.
I will put together info in this thread and incorporate it into the document.

I make gardening hand tools in my shop and will offer some of these for sale
in the coming
months. I will create a section in my blog for this endeavor:
http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com

Some companies offering especially good hand tools are:

Hida Tool (farmer hoe, ridge-making tool, farmer rake, hand scythes, hand
hoes)

Garrett Wade (imported Dutch spades (some very unique) and seeding rakes
(indispensible)

Corona Tools, especially the heavy-duty forged ones (shovels, forks and other
tools) imported from Spain

Any mail order sources for the English garden tools such as Bulldog and Spear
& Jackson:
Lee Valley Tools, Johnny's Seeds, Peaceful Valley Farm Supply, Smith &
Hawken, Harmony Farm Supply