permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Plan Designs, etc.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: trevor william johnson <john2116@msu.edu>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: toby@patternliteracy.com
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Plan Designs, etc.
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 17:49:22 -0400

When yall submit these pictures to the whole listserve. i am tantalized with the images and discriptions and am eager to see them.

trevor

On Oct 7, 2008, at 3:05 PM, Keith Morris wrote:

Hi Toby,

I have some plan designs of my 'urban site' in Johnson, VT a very cold-hardy design for a downtown duplex. Its .22 acres and was all parking lot upon our arrival (fortunately gravel!). Much is building focused (it dominates the lot: adding a significant greenhouse, passive solar retrofit, etc.), but also some landscaping elements, kiwis, chickens, nut-bearing arborsculpture fences, bees, water feature in drainage, etc. It would probably make more sense if I included A & A drawings and context maps, but I guess the design stands alone well enough.

Also, a number of my students have made really incredible designs for small lots. Many are architects or otherwise professional designers, so pretty top notch drawings. Would you like me to cast a general call to my students over the years or solicit a few whose designs particularly stood out?

Exciting to hear there'll be a new version of Gaia's garden coming out!

How did things go in NY, by the way?

Best,
Keith

Keith Morris
Prospect Rock Permaculture
earthsurfing@yahoo.com
(802) 734.1129
PO Box 426
Jeffersonville, VT 05464

"If we do not do the impossible, we shall be faced with the unthinkable."
-Murray Bookchin (1921-2006)