permaculture - Re: [permaculture] pruning Passion Fruit (passiflora edulis)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Golden Love" <goldenlove@cruzio.com>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] pruning Passion Fruit (passiflora edulis)
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 18:42:56 -0700

I just weave any new grown in with the existing branches, never have done
any hard pruning and we have had huge production. The plant is over 3 years
old and is slowly encircling my garden (on fences and over my Avocado tree)
with delicious fruit. It gives us a lot of privacy and wonderful flowers and
fruit to me and my neighbors (the vine hangs over into their gardens). One
neighbor who works at Safeway says that the fruit he now picks from the vine
cost $2.99 each at the store.

Golden Love
Love's Gardens
"Your neighborhood solar-powered gardener" (TM)
California Licensed Contractor C27 363672
127 National St.
Santa Cruz, CA 95060-6516
Phone (831) 471-9100
Fax ( 831) 471-9200