permaculture - [permaculture] My permaculture design

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <bwaldrop@cox.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] My permaculture design
  • Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 11:08:01 -0500

Since first getting involved with permaculture, I have mused off and on about how few permaculture designs are publicly available. I suppose there are many reasons for this, among them that each design is specific to a particular place. But I tend to think that the paucity of designs circulating around is a limiting factor in the growth and spread of permaculture design principles. That may be an error on my part, since I remain only a tadpole in training.

Nevertheless, I am making the design I wrote for my own house close to downtown Oklahoma City, which I submitted for certification to Dan Hemenway of Barking Frogs Permaculture, available as a PDF e-book download from the lulu.com self-publishing site, with the title -- "Gatewood Urban Homestead: City living that meets the challenges of peak oil, climate instability, and economic irrationality," for the price of $12.50. The direct link to the book is http://www.lulu.com/content/3505495 . You can preview for free the first 11 pages which covers the table of contents. Proceeds benefit my "design implementation fund".

Bob Waldrop, tadpole in training
www.barkingfrogspermaculture.org