permaculture - [permaculture] [Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] Fw: save the bees ban the pesticides]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] [Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] Fw: save the bees ban the pesticides]
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 11:28:29 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [SANET-MG] Fw: save the bees ban the pesticides
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 07:26:21 -0400
From: jcummins <jcummins@UWO.CA>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Hello Edna Weigel,
News reports on CCD indicate that killer bees (African-honey bee
hybrids) and honey bees at home on organic farms are far less prone to
CCD. This may be due to a stronger immune system and/or chemical
detoxifying system in killer bees and less exposure to toxic chemicals
on organic farms. Organic farms may provide bee refuges against CCD and
it would show good sense to greatly expand organic farms to prevent
extinction of the honey bee. sincerely, joe cummins
Edna Weigel wrote:
Reading between the lines, I find myself speculating that africanized bees might be healthier than standard honey bees. Is it safe to assume that the migratant bees trucked cross country are not africanized? I realize I may be reading way too much into very little information, but it makes me wonder.

  • [permaculture] [Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] Fw: save the bees ban the pesticides], Lawrence F. London, Jr., 05/21/2008