permaculture - Re: [permaculture] from [hopefully] a new subscriber to the PC ibiblio list - could you pls confirm and post my "hello" note to group - thanks

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] from [hopefully] a new subscriber to the PC ibiblio list - could you pls confirm and post my "hello" note to group - thanks
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 02:04:09 -0400

Dick Pierce wrote:
Dear Forum/web Master:

I think I have successfully subscribed, but not sure as I see a confirmation
referred to but I do not have one. I am
Dick Pierce at dickpiercedesigns@gmail.com. Could you confirm for me one
more time. It reads like this is also how to post a message to the PC list,
but I'd like to be sure - and is there a more direct way once one is a
subscriber.

Hello Dick. Glad to have you as a member of this forum. This reply should
assure you that you
are on board (I manualy subscribed you myself after reading your email). Kevin Topek of Houston, another PC designer/teacher is here also and you might want to get in touch with him.

I am in Chapel Hill, NC on my 6 acre market farm.

I discovered I have a gopher on my property. I think he/she has a burrow
under a small barn. Years ago I saw evidence of
tunneling at the edge of the barn but lost sight of the gopher until yesterday when I saw it sunning itself on top of a big pile of rock dust. As soon as I got close it scurried under the barn so I assumed it is using the tunnels it created years ago. How does this animal fit into the lush ecology of a biointensive market farm, comprised of 5 acres of raised beds?