permaculture - Re: [permaculture] An Unreasonable Woman book -Ogallala book

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Brooks Miller" <brooks.devin@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] An Unreasonable Woman book -Ogallala book
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 13:50:45 -0400

"This book points out that generation after generation of American farmers
have broken every natural or do you want to call it permaculture rule in the
book with their "way of life", some are so stubborn that they are drying up
the underground aquifers and have been told about it for forty years so I
have had a paradigm shift and think about how we've been told about the
"farmer way of life is getting lost by buyouts and subdivisions."

Agreed, Trudie. PASA stands for Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable
Agriculture, so the farmers in attendance are all increasing their knowledge
on topics of sound food production. It's a great resource for young and old
farmers alike and has grown immensely in the last few years. I think there
were over 1500 people at this year's conference, and every field day I've
been to through PASA or Rodale has been hugely informational and a great
place to make contacts. www.pasafarming.org

Brooks