permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Groundhogs!

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Groundhogs!
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 04:56:10 -0400

DGilsen@aol.com wrote:

While on the way to the out house, with a chamber pot in hand I saw a gopher scoot down its hole. I poured the contents down the hole and each time I took the nights offerings if I saw a gopher hole I dumped it down the hole,One draw back though tomato seeds do not digest and alas I had volunteer tomatoes at each abandoned hole come summer. Oh well we all must suffer.

I bet you had some big tomato plants there! Free hole digging and tilthing
and free fertilizer.
Add dung beetles and ants you'll have some really fine deep soil.