permaculture - Re: [permaculture] racism 101 for white american permies

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "oliver smith callis" <oliversmithcallis@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] racism 101 for white american permies
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:58:16 -0700

I just want to add that excluding ANYTHING from permaculture as "irrelevant"
only serves to limit your *capacity as a designer* - the determining factor
for how successful your permaculture and your yields will be. And I want to
thank Micheal for his eloquence.

We have a responsibility to care for people and I this has to include
understanding HOW to care for them, or in what ways they are NOT currently
cared for. Whats the point of saying that racism is irrelevant to
permaculture?

--
Oliver Smith Callis

"To know and not to do is not to know: I hear and I forget. I see and I
remember. I do and I understand."
-Chinese Proverb

"He who desires and acts not breeds pestilence."
-William Blake