permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Racism 101

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: tom <tom@honeychrome.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Racism 101
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:33:03 -0500

Perhaps not connected in the straightest of lines to the discussion at hand, but I recommend that anyone who has access to it read the interview with Van Jones in the current issue of The Sun Magazine (an often-interesting little arty no-ads publication out of Chapel Hill). He may not ever use the word permaculture in the interview, but I came away from reading it thinking, 'Damn, this guy gets it and can talk about it in an engaging yet irrefutably convincing way!' Race, politics, ecology, economics... Seemed to pretty accurately hit on the direction permaculture ought to be moving in as a 'movement' if it really is going to make any sort of difference and 'change the world.'

  • Re: [permaculture] Racism 101, tom, 02/26/2008