permaculture - Re: [permaculture] skeptical but curious - 376.59 mpg

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lbsaltzman@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] skeptical but curious - 376.59 mpg
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:58:36 -0500

Some of the mileage gain comes from good driving habits.? Recently I took my
1995 Volvo which was rated at 24 mpg on the highway when it was new (it had
over 150,000 miles on it.) I drove at 55 avoided fast starts and passing
other cars. I was able to get slightly in excess of 30 miles per gallon.?
Some Prius drivers in Japan get 99 miles per gallon.? In Europe there is an
eco-driving movement. if we were just to do some simple steps, we could slow
down green house gas emissions from cars significantly.