permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Compost Shower Video

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Compost Shower Video
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 06:16:53 -0500

Darren Doherty wrote:

At the start of the October 2007 Permaculture Design Certificate Course at
Quail Springs Learning Oasis and Permaculture Farm we faced a small problem
- we had 30 people needing showers and no hot water.

Cold showers are tolerable. I have been taking them outdoors all winter long.
When the ambient temperature is 40 degrees or so then 50 degree water feels
warm, really.
That is a cool way to take a shower and save energy; good for mind and body.
And you have a great view of the sky and yard too. Truly inspiring.