permaculture - [permaculture] Sustainable is not good enough

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Woody Wodraska <wodraska@mac.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Sustainable is not good enough
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 09:41:39 -0800

From the February essay in the Stella*Natura Calendar, by Ethan Roland

"But is sustainable enough? Taking a few steps back, to Kazakhstan, to Chile, to a global perspective, I'm not sure that we want to "sustain" what is happening right now: Climate change, mass extinction of species, overpopulation, peak oil, soil degradation, collapsing fisheries, deforestation... We must go beyond "sustainability." We must REGENERATE the earth. Combining the productive and fruitful biodynamically cultivated landscapes with the eco-logical focus of permaculture design can create systems of holistic regeneration--farms, homes, and communities that give back to the natural world, healing the damage we have already done."

May I slip this in?

Biodynamic gardeners and teachers seek long term opportunity to share our life’s work.

Who we are: Barbara M V Scott and Woody Wodraska [see Biographies] are long-time Biodynamic gardeners and teachers. We teach people how to make conscious compost. We make and use the biodynamic preparations, grow vital garden seeds, formulate homeopathic flower essences, and know how to bring land and gardens into health and vitality. We bring with us a large cache of heirloom seeds from our 18 years as a Biodynamic seed company.

Where We Wish To Be: We will join with people already situated on rural land--a small community, farm, school or learning center--whose vision includes education, nutrition, right livelihood and a passion to bring the land into a high vibration. We aim to be with people whose vision is no less than Planetary stewardship. More at the website below.

Work and Living Conditions: We require clean, congenial housing with paid utilities and salary that reflects our combined 40 years of experience in growing, teaching and Biodynamics. We prefer a small, intensive operation with emphasis on nutrition and education rather than production and marketing.

Heartfully,
Barbara and Woody

http://www.soulmedicinejourney.com

Woody Wodraska
wodraska@mac.com
Free chapters from
"Deep Gardening: Soul Lessons from 17 Gardens" at
http://www.soulmedicinejourney.com/Book.html