permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Free speech equals Terrorism? (Political)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Free speech equals Terrorism? (Political)
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 23:52:39 -0500

Johnathan Yelenick wrote:

More of the shame, rather. Want more information on this nefarious coup? Google "Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act". Lawrence, this list is a little too easy to infiltrate if the parties of reaction are interested in infiltrating it, even if you put the "lock down on it". I think that would be too disingenuous an approach given the necessary transparency we need for fulfilling a vibrant social ecology. Think prefiguratively;

Yes. Proactively and preemptively also. I leave the archives open so our commons, our pool of great information, can be Googled and put to far greater use than it would be as private archives. Ignore the spies and loons and get on with our work. I've been doing just that since 1987 with my BBS. No need to stop now. Merge our work with that of the great open souce resources like Google, S&H Library, Journey To Forever, and thousands more. The goal of "fulfilling a vibrant ecology" must be achieved. I have believed in this since I became a dyed-in-the-wool back-to--the-land'er, and that's where I will be for the rest of my life. Everything I do revolves around all that, Web, computer, farm, shop, media work, crafts, all of it.

not consequentialist, not deontologically.

Dictionary break is in order:
deontology (uncountable)
1. The ethical study of morals, duties and rights with an approach that focuses on the rightness or wrongness of actions themselves, as opposed to the rightness or wrongness of the consequences of those actions.

If you're interested in tactics, take a look at Ward Churchill's "COINTELPRO Papers"
and his "Agents of Repression".
Glean what you will.

That really rings a bell, COINTELLPRO. I will have a look at these works.

Here we go again:
"Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act".
That's the one. Gives rise to the following events in the news:
UK girls held in NYC orphanage after mother gets ill
http://www.boingboing.net/2008/01/24/uk-girls-held-in-nyc.html
Grandmother arrested at McDonald's drive-thru for not pulling car forward
http://www.boingboing.net/2008/01/24/grandmother-arrested.html
FBI whistleblower tells librarians about discriminatory practices and bad
procedure at the Bureau
http://www.boingboing.net/2008/01/24/fbi-whistleblower-te.html
and there's more...this is just a sample
Most of the media is a boring waste of time, blatant propaganda, pap for the
dumbed-down masses,
bread and circus and rocknroll and guns and drugs, alcohol, tobacco,
deliberately cultivated violent behavior,
total lack of cultural identity or association with community of any kind,
attention deficit of epidemic proportions,
self indulgence and self gratification to the complete exclusion of anyone else, and so on. People victimized by these trends are meat on the table for those capitalizing on the erosion of the fabric of global society.

Thank the energizing force in the universe for the honest worthwhile new media (like BB inspite of all its silliness) on the web enabling us to get a grip on dailing happenings and our relationship with the world around us.
Call your Senator NOW and support Sen Dodd's fight to save the Constitution
http://www.boingboing.net/2008/01/24/call-your-senator-no-1.html
Dodd's 30-minute anti-wiretapping barn-stormer -- video
http://www.boingboing.net/2008/01/23/dodds-30minute-antiw.html
- and what about Net Neutrality; the haves get the 8mb/s DSL or as-fast cable
access
In France everyone gets (I think) 12mb/sec Web accesss.

Curently I have to worry about access to local farmers markets in the face of
takeover attempts by
local cliques and their political power grabs. You would not believe what the nice and talented people in one of my markets have had to put up with over the past year; unbelievable; but we persevere. Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the Earth - the Beatitudes.

LL