permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture in colleges / universities

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture in colleges / universities
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 10:12:17 -0800

Two more for your list:

Portland State University, Portland, OR, (for 3 years)
contact PSU, Graduate School of Education http://www.pdx.edu/education/

Pacific University, Forest Grove, OR, (1 year)
contact Deke Gundersen, Dept of Environmental Studies, Pacific University
http://pacificu.edu/as/enviro/index.cfm
(this course can be taken by non-Pacific students)

I have heard of several others--Evergreen State?-- but don't know for sure.

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com

Keith Johnson wrote:
I'd like to compile a list of Universities that have opened up to Permaculture and are offering credit for design courses. Please submit any that you know of and I will place the data online in various locations.
Contact data and persons would be MUCH appreciated.

I'll start the list with:
Indiana University in Bloomington, IN In for 6 years
Hocking College, Nelsonville, OH (1 year)

Thanks,
Keith