permaculture - [permaculture] [Fwd: Farm Opportunity in Canada]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] [Fwd: Farm Opportunity in Canada]
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:57:57 -0500

FYI Contact for more info:
everlastingharvest@hotmail.com <mailto:everlastingharvest@hotmail.com>
Dear Friend,

I'm writing to see if you are interested in buying a share in the
Orofino Creek farm. The offer of 1-acre equivalent shares at
$6500 expires on December 31st.

I am seriously hoping that several more shares will be purchased
by that date.

The holding company which is serving as an investment vehicle for
partial ownership of the farm, called OROFINO INVESTMENTS LTD, has
been formed and 4 shares have been sold so far.

I have had such an amazingly large and positive response to the
various information letters and announcements that I and other
supporters have circulated, that even I have been astonished. People
have contacted me from all over North America and from numerous other
countries.

One organic farmer and educator contacted me from a mountain
top in Hungary where she has been being a living demonstration of
self-reliance and "getting off the grid". She wanted to come and
live and work on the farm immediately!

So far, one couple and one family are planning to actually live on
the farm, but have not decided if it will be for a short or long term,
and dozens have asked if they may visit as soon as the weather gets better.

About 20 long time organic farmers and organic farming experts and
teachers have said they would like to visit or stay at the farm, and
conduct classes, seminars, hands-on organic farming courses, etc.

2 families & one individual have elected to wait a few months before
buying a share, but all are extremely enthusiastic and have already
begun to help work on a website, business plans, and creating a
multi-dimensional development resource centre on site
to help people living and working on various projects at the farm
to create whatever infrastructure they need for their respective
projects, and carry out whatever organizational or office services
they require, including instruction in accounting, non-profit
management, etc.

20 people or more have volunteered to help in various capacities,
offering multiple skills and resources.

Believe it or not, "Woofers" (Workers on Organic Farms) are chomping
at the bit to come and start helping to create the demonstration organic
farm.

Just a few days ago, the farm had its first real overnight guests,
who braved the early winter cold to meet me there for a visit. They
were a wonderful young family who have just completed a six month
nomadic pilgrimage 'woofing' from farm to farm, and who might come
back right after New Year's to settle down at Orofino Creek Farm for a
while.

I am very excited about meeting all these people and getting
to know them over time.

However, it is also true that when the weather got colder, and winter
began, everything slowed down, and people became pre-occupied with
other things, like winter necessities, family and Holiday time.

Only four more prospective shareholders have indicated that they
would buy a share by the deadline. Many other interested buyers
haven't made a final commitment yet, and since there are only 11 days
left, I expect that even some who have intended to buy shares right
away will not make it by the deadline.

I believe 100% in this project. I also believe that I have the
vision, determination, drive, stamina, organizational and people
skills to keep it on track and make sure that it happens with minimal
conflict and misunderstanding. I am also incredibly grateful to the
dozens of others that have already spent time and energy helping me
in so many ways, and in awe of their wide array of
remarkable talents and abilities, not to mention their visions and
proposals.

But realistically, we need investment money to move forward. I
have extended myself to the limits of my ability, by selling my
house, mortgaging all my remaining property, and sticking my neck out
on what some have called a pipe dream, and even I recognize
to be a wild venture in its scope.

There are even numerous people helping me by working on outreach and
promotion as we speak. I'm meeting with an
award winning promoter on Sunday, and in a few days with a visiting
professor from Evergreen College in Washington who teaches organic
farming there.

I have been introduced by one of the respondents to my outreach
attempts, Chuck Castleberry, to the organization called Bioneers
and have actually flown to San Francisco to participate in one day
of their annual conference, met Chuck Castleberry there and
have carried on an ongoing dialogue with him ever since.

Chuck has agreed to help with the programming of educational
gatherings, seminars, experiences at Orofino Creek Farm from his
new home in Santa Fe, New Mexico, where he will be working with
the Bioneers on similar tasks.

Chuck recently completed a 9 year save-the-planet project
called "The 11th Hour", a full length feature documentary film
about what everyone must do in order to create a sustainable
future on earth,

Chuck and hundreds of other Bioneers all over the world, have
in a very concrete sense banded together to collaborate to build a
world-wide network of communicating "Bioneers" building and sharing a
rapidly growing wealth of new knowledge and understanding about our world.

This is the collective body of understanding as well as the mental
and physical tools that we all need to apply in our daily lives to
make critical changes in ourselves and our environment.

These changes will non-violently head off the continual destruction
of our lives, our heritage, our civilization, our bio-community and
our planet by the careless proliferation of poisons and other harmful
agents of violence destruction and chaos.

The Orofino Creek Farm with its myriad planned projects for
transformational change will be an intentional community of purpose
and commitment that takes its place spontaneously and naturally among
thousands of extraordinary communities around the world, large and
small, old and new that share its vision and
commitment.

These communities are gradually forging links among themselves that
enable all their members to come together as a strong consolidated
network of human beings capable of drastically changing the world for
the better, giving human civilization a profoundly uplifting hope of
a sustainable future for all life and
for the planet we have been given and therefore must take care of.

We are incredibly fortunate that there are still pristine places
on our earth that we may settle in and learn to live together
in life-giving ways, study together the deep and true nature of
ourselves and of the universe that surrounds and envelops us
and the endless beauty and mystery of our own magnificent earth with
its lush green landscapes, blue skies and turquoise waters, still
teeming with life.

I feel humbled by the unbelievable spontaneous unfolding of
so many layers of time and space, coming together to create
what we see in front of us at this very moment.

Please join me in this momentous moment in a momentous
collaborative dream.

Currently there are 11 more days to make an investment in the Orofino
Creek Farm that will make a significant contribution towards
its survival as a vital community and a positive force in the world.

You may own 1 acre undivided shares in the farm by purchasing shares
in Orofino Creek Investments Ltd. Currently, shares equivalent to
one acre will cost you $6500. The actual shares
cost $6000, and the $500 covers land purchase tax, legal fees,
liability insurance, and a small contingency fee.

If you are not able to purchase your share before December 31st,
further share offers will be made after approximately a 2 month
waiting period, at which time the share price will be approximately
$1000 dollars higher, i.e. $7000 per acre. This is due to the fact
that the value of the shares corresponds to the increase in the
assessed and appraised values of the property at the time of sale.

If you are not able to come up with the full $6500 by the end of
December, you may qualify for a payment plan of quarterly or monthly
payments.

Please let me know ASAP if you would like to buiy a one acre
equivalent share.

If you have any questions or would like to talk to me on the phone,
please let me know by e-mail first to arrange a time to talk.

Bye for now, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!!!

Namaste

Yours truly

Janey Lynn Rutherford

everlastingharvest@hotmail.com <mailto:everlastingharvest@hotmail.com>

  • [permaculture] [Fwd: Farm Opportunity in Canada], Lawrence F. London, Jr., 12/21/2007