permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Mollisons Trust A & Trust B

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "oliver smith callis" <oliversmithcallis@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Mollisons Trust A & Trust B
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 05:39:27 -0700

I know that Ecotrust based in Portland is a non profit that has an LLC
for-profit component. In our conversations with them it seems like this
might be similar to what Bill talks about, but I don't have a full grasp of
it yet.

Non-Profit:
*Ecotrust is a conservation organization committed to strengthening
communities and the environment from Alaska to California. We work with
Native peoples and in the fisheries, forestry, and food sectors to build a
regional economy based on social and ecological opportunities.*
http://www.ecotrust.org/

For-Profit:

*Ecotrust Forests LLC (The Fund) owns and manages forestland in the Pacific
Northwest, home to the highest quality investment forestland in the world.
The Fund's objective is to provide long-term value to investors while
nurturing diverse and healthy forests for the region and its inhabitants.*

*The Fund targets a real annual return of at least 6 percent over the long
term. It strives to be as tax efficient as possible and is designed to
minimize ordinary income. It maintains long-lived, forestland assets that
continuously increase in value, hedge inflation and generate cash returns.*

*We are seeking accredited individuals, families, foundation and endowment
investors who share our values. We invite you to make a wealth-building
investment and partner with us in ownership of some of the world's most
productive forestland.*
http://www.ecotrustforests.com/