permaculture - Re: [permaculture] SPIN Cities Farming Where We Live workshop

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: Roxanne Christensen <rchristensen@infocommercegroup.com>, Permaculture ibiblio <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, BPG <bloomingtonpermacultureguild@lists.riseup.net>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] SPIN Cities Farming Where We Live workshop
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 18:02:20 -0500

Roxanne,
I will pass it on to the Permaculture listserv.
Thanks,
Keith

Roxanne Christensen wrote:

Dear Keith--

Please feel free to post or distribute this information about our workshop. Thank you, and Happy Solstice!
--Roxanne Christensen

Co-author, SPIN-Farming

www.spinfarming.com

*Join us for the second annual SPIN-Farming workshop in Milwaukee February 28-29:*

* *

*TITLE:* */SPIN Cities: Farming Where We Live/*

*PURPOSE:* To equip a new generation of farmers with the know-how to farm commercially without having to own much, if any land, and without having to make a large financial investment

*INSTRUCTOR:* Wally Satzewich, veteran urban farmer and developer of SPIN will show others how to replicate his success using this unique sub-acre farming system

*FOR:* Backyard, front lawn or small lot farmers in urban and peri-urban areas

*WHEN:* February 28, 2008, 9:00am-5:00pm and February 29, 2008, 9:00am-12:00pm

*WHERE:* The Mitchell Park Pavilion at the Domes, Milwaukee, WI, U.S.A

*COST:* $200 (includes lunch on February 28) until January 26; $250 thereafter

*SPONSORS:* Michael Fields Agriculture Institute and the Mitchell Park Domes

*TO REGISTER*: Contact Roxanne Christensen at 610-505-9189 or rchristensen@infocommercegroup.com or register online at http://growurban.org/schedule

*COURSE OUTLINE AND PHOTOS:* Visit: www.spinfarming.com

"/While the land base and expenses for a sub-acre farm are a fraction of the costs for a conventional multi-acre farm, the bottom lines are similar. A sub-acre farmer can expect to make the same living as a large-scale farmer, but with less stress and overhead, and with more certainty of success from year to year." --/Wally Satzewich

* For more information on SPIN-Farming, visit www.spinfarming.com <http://www.spinfarming.com> *

--
Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."
Permaculture Activist Magazine
PO Box 5516, Bloomington, IN 47407
(812) 335-0383
http://www.permacultureactivist.net
http://www.PermacultureTradingPost.com
Switch to Solar Power the Easy Way
http://www.jointhesolution.com/KeithJ-SunPower
http://www.PowUr.com/KeithJ-SunPower
Blog: http://kjpermaculture.blogspot.com/
http://www.permacultureactivist.net/design/Designconsult.html
http://www.ARCulture.org
also APPLE-Bloomington (Alliance for a Post-Petroleum Local Economy) It's a
small world after oil.
also Bloomington Permaculture Guild

  • Re: [permaculture] SPIN Cities Farming Where We Live workshop, Keith Johnson, 12/17/2007