permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Mycoremediation of petroleum-polluted sites.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: DGilsen@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Mycoremediation of petroleum-polluted sites.
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:40:41 EST

To whom it may concern , I have a "cure" for hydrocarbon polluted sites.
It even works in fresh water. It works and it is relatively cheap.It could
be done on site! I would need my solution and a cement mixer to mix the
dirt
from the plume of contamination. You mix up the solution place it in a
cement mixer turn the machine on, it mixes the solution with the dirt stirs
the
material up and over a period of two days or less the hydrocarbons are
"neutralized"You test the finished product. spread it on a water proof
sheet to air
out and viola , the soil is clean!
Sounds perfect doesn't it. That's the good news. I and several people
got together and formed a little company to make our fortune doing
hydrocarbon remediation. We sunk tens of thousands of dollars into testing
our
product to get an EPA approval from our state. After months of tests one
humane
tester at the lab where the tests were being performed called my partner
aside
and said you are wasting your time and money. Nether we or any other company

will never be able to certify you. The state of Arizona has a non
completion clause with one of the three big boys in the hazardous waste
business and
you will never be permitted to compete against them . Sadly enough almost
every state in the Union has a similar deal with one of those three big
boys.
Their cure for contamination is to load up the contaminated earth in a
covered Dumpster and ship it off to storage site where you have to pay a
maintenance fee yearly in perpetuity! In theory your kids will have to pay
the
fees when you die! Isn't life grand!
Carol