permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Tulip tree guilds?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "roxann" <roxann@ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Tulip tree guilds?
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 15:52:16 +0000

Hi Brent,

Out here in the Ozarks, ginseng likes to be under the tulip poplars. You
might try putting some under yours if you have a deep mulch going on there
and lots of shade. Other plants that grow in the vicinity naturally include
goldenseal, jack in the pulpit, maidenhair fern, christmas fern, black
cohosh, blue cohosh, solomon's seal, false solomon's seal, showy orchid,
dolls' eyes, wild ginger, spice bush, witch hazel. There is leaf mulch
covering all the ground, as well from all the red oak, white oak, hickories,
and maples. I'm sure there are other trees and plants i've forgotten to
mention, and i purposely left out the virginia creeper and poison ivy, lol.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com