permaculture - [permaculture] STOP THE CLIMATE-WRECKING AT BALI -campaign / next 24 hours

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "ossi" <ossi@kulma.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] STOP THE CLIMATE-WRECKING AT BALI -campaign / next 24 hours
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 15:33:43 +0200 (EET)

Well, even though these are not so grassroots negotiations this campaign
needs support during the next 24 hours

- ossi

http://www.avaaz.org/en/bali_emergency/24.php

STOP THE CLIMATE-WRECKING AT BALI

Climate negotiations in Bali are in crisis. Things were looking good till
now: near-consensus on a delicate deal, including 2020 targets for rich
countries, in return for which China and the developing world would do
their part over time. IPCC scientists say such targets are needed to
prevent catastrophe. But Japan, the US and Canada are banding together to
wreck the deal, and the rest of the world is starting to waver...

STOP PRESS - Talks are deadlocked, running over into Saturday. There's
still time. We can&#8217;t let three stubborn governments throw away the
planet's future. Please sign our emergency global petition below: we're
delivering it through stunts at the summit, a full-page ad in the Jakarta
Post read by all the delegates (below, right), directly to negotiators to
stiffen their nerve against any bad compromise. Add your name to the
campaign now!

"We call urgently for the US, Canada and Japan to stop blocking serious
2020 targets for emissions reductions, and for the rest of the world to
refuse to accept anything less."

Sign the Petition

Avaaz.org will protect your privacy and keep you posted about this and
similar campaigns.

Bali is the opportunity we've been waiting for to start working toward
real climate action, and we can't let it pass by. The campaign is being
delivered direct to summit delegates, through stunts and in the Jakarta
Post, so our voices will actually be heard. But we need a lot of us fast
to join in, if we're going to make a difference. Talks are deadlocked and
running into Saturday. So if you haven't already, please forward the link
below to everyone you know:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/bali_emergency/24.php

Thanks again for joining the campaign,

152,897 have signed in 45 hours, help us get to 175,000

Avaaz.org - The World in Action

----- End forwarded message -----

  • [permaculture] STOP THE CLIMATE-WRECKING AT BALI -campaign / next 24 hours, ossi, 12/14/2007