permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Drinking Water

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mike <mike.brian@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Drinking Water
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 19:16:24 -0500

I couldn't find any potterswithoutborders.org but there was a .com - a
canadian site. Google image search turns up somem I wonder if they are
some kind of osmosis? like thing (where the larger than water bacteria
would become filtered) or.. like a slow sand filter - I don't know about
those either, for drinking. Supposedly you can trickle water through
some sand and algae, etc. will make slime that filters (last year I had
to fix some pipes for a friend that had a slimy green looking rope
filter and wondered... but they insisted on replacing the filter since
they had another rope coil thing under the sink..) I heard something
about just using clear plastic bottles in sunlight recently and there is
a rumor that cowboys? from back in the day would put a silver dollar in
their canteen to kill bacteria (once I saw something(about the broinze
age maybe?) about bronze water catching vessels would kill bacteria
after a few days. Nobody else has ever heard of any of these?