permaculture - Re: [permaculture] politics and permies - Ghandi quote

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Primal Parent <primalparent@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] politics and permies - Ghandi quote
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 12:55:20 +0000

ksthyann wrote:

> I am well
> aware there were many players and they often worked together...

yes, they did work together and were most efficient when they worked
together. diversity in tactics is just as healthy as diversity in the garden.

> The question is, which is more powerful, Holding the food
> supply/livelihood of a man's family or holding a man's family?

it would depend on the situation i suppose, but why the need to separate
them? they are not mutually exclusive nor diametrically opposed to each other
(as you already pointed out)

>Will they follow their captors or their rescuers? Which
> can you with good conscience do, feed someone who's made some seriously
> bad choices or deny another human life?

i would only add that there are numerous examples of land-based peoples
holding hostages and fed/clothed/looked after them as well. i believe it was
benjamin franklin who remarked how when euro-americans and natives met to
exchange prisoners the native captives went running back to their tribe while
the whites were reluctant and took the time to say good bye to their enemy

You keep typing, we keep giving. Download Messenger and join the i’m
Initiative now.