permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: Community Harvest Connection

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: Community Harvest Connection
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 01:54:31 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Community Harvest Connection
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 19:19:13 -0700
From: Aviva <aviva@duwamish.net>

Hello -
Recently a message was sent out with a link to
http://www.villageharvest.org/ a community harvest organization in
California.

Would you like to be part of planning a similar group in Seattle? This
past summer, groups of volunteers all over Seattle harvested over 5,000
pounds of fruit from backyard trees and donated to various foodbanks.

I am in the midst of gathering a group of folks in South and West
Seattle who are interested in getting in on the planning for next year.
There is most likely grant money available to expand the program -
maybe include classes on canning and preserving; fruit tree care; garden
barter days...who knows....join the brainstorming.

If you are interested, send me an email, your interest, availability to
meet...
Thanks,
Aviva

  • [permaculture] Fwd: Community Harvest Connection, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 11/06/2007