permaculture - [permaculture] Reaction to 60 minutes piece on Bees

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Eugene Monaco" <efmonaco@comcast.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Reaction to 60 minutes piece on Bees
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:55:23 -0400

baby buddha information station <alisoncross@telus.net> wrote:
I just wanted to hear reactions to this - I remember the bee keepers
here saying that this wasn't occurring for them .
Reply:
It has been revealed through prophecy among other things that the sacred
order of survival (Shelter, Water, Fire, Food) will be undone in reverse
order as mother earth purifies herself. This means that food will be the
first to go. We are seeing this through the bees, through the weather
changes, and global warming. The bees represent 1/3 of the food supply of
the crops of man. It's the first third, that which depends on insect
pollination.
In the piece, although they did highlight the blueberry farmer's worries,
they also showed the pumpkin farmer who won't be able to have his crop of
throw-away pumpkins to send to Wal-Mart. It would have been more impactful
if they had shown display shelves at the supermarkets of squashes and apples
and cherries that people eat. We can do without Halloween pumpkins, but the
rest will be a challenge. Even so, if things continue to deteriorate, we
will lose the grain crops, which although not insect pollinated, are highly
uniform in engineered genetic diversity, and are subject to widespread
failure. When that happens, we lose the meat, the animals of man, which
feed upon that grain. Then, men will hunt other men for meat--humans being
easier to hunt and existing in larger numbers than deer.
Fire is next. It's a metaphor but it includes radiation and the energy
grid, which is fire.
Water is next, being both polluted and in short supply.
Finally comes shelter, which is not just your house or clothes, but your
protection from external energies. In other words, your immune system.
Which means disease, which will be the real killer. We now have super
strep, super-resistant TB, AIDS, etc.
In the case of the bees, they have already gone through all four orders.
Their food has been poisoned and monocultured; they have to endure exposure
to the fires of radiation and global warming; their waters are polluted; and
finally, their immune system collapses, their shelter is gone.
The worst of it is in the colonies managed by large-scale commercial
beekeepers. Feral colonies on the edge of things can also be affected. The
best managed and healthiest colonies are in the care of natural and organic
beekeepers who have healthy environments for their bees with a variety of
food choices, clean water nearby, and who use no chemicals. The success of
keeping these bees alive is a pocket of success in an otherwise dreary
outlook. Unfortunately our numbers are few.
I'm getting to hate this topic.

Gene Monaco
Knoxville, TN