permaculture - Re: [permaculture] conventional fireplaces

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@meadows.pair.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] conventional fireplaces
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 12:22:56 -0400

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 10:42:59 -0400, you wrote:

>Has anyone ever come up with a way of retrofitting conventional fireplaces
>to make them more efficient?? Like many people we are stuck with
>conventional ones. It would sure be nice to fix them without having to build
>new ones in addition to the tow we already have.

You can put a purpose-built woodstove in a fireplace. We had one in a
house we lived in long ago. It worked just like any other wood stove.

Pat
-- Northern Pennsylvania
http://www.entire-of-itself.blogspot.com/
'Every one of us can do something to protect and care for our planet.
We should live in such a way that makes a future possible.'
- Thich Nhat Hanh