permaculture - [permaculture] alternative fuels for cooking

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jan Lite" <liteshoe@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] alternative fuels for cooking
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 12:52:03 -0400

I'm behind on my reading, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned.
Solar cooking and solar water pasteurization may fill a need in climates
with abundant sunshine - many designs from simple to complicated, and no
emissions from smoke:
http://www.solarcooking.org/

Some basic info on solar cooking:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_oven

and many links:
http://www.solarhaven.org/SolarCooking.htm

Some designs are simple foil-covered cardboard.

>This is a link to some work that a friend of mine is doing in the
Philippines, where desertification is occurring because wood is being used
as cooking fuel.