permaculture - [permaculture] Healing Hawk doesn't do enough observation

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rain Tenaqiya <raincascadia@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Healing Hawk doesn't do enough observation
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 20:28:47 -0700 (PDT)

Wow, it sure feels good to be on the other side of an "ecological" tirade.
If you had seen my other posts or asked more questions you would know that I
am not cutting down trees to cook and heat. Our home is passive solar, but
that alone won't keep us warm, even in California (which can be rainy and
cold nine days straight in the Winter). We hope to use only food tree
prunings and trees grown for firewood someday. We are now using dead
manzanita bushes and dead oak branches, helping to prevent fire due to fire
suppression. We could also clear out some of the overgrown Douglas-fir that
need to be thinned due to bad logging and fire suppression. It is possible
to live in harmony with trees.

On the other hand, "green energy" is dependent on fossil fuel to create and
maintain. It currently requires an insane fossil fuel infrastructure to
mine, transport, process, manfacture, and repair. The result is global
warming, oil wars, despotic governments, pollution, and all the rest. I
would prefer modest and intelligent wood burning instead.

The fact is, with so many people, no solution really works. At the same
time, Healing Hawk could promote more healing by being a little less
vindictive and not assuming the worse about people. Ass u mi ng makes an ass
out of you and me.

Long live all trees,

Rain

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel
and lay it on us.