permaculture - [permaculture] Corn Ethanol's Dirty Little Secret

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "J Kolenovsky" <garden@hal-pc.org>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Corn Ethanol's Dirty Little Secret
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 18:34:58 -0500

Mexico City?

In 2005 Greater Mexico City had a population of 19.2 million, making it the
largest metropolitan area in the western hemisphere
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_hemisphere> and the second largest in
the world
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metropolitan_areas_by_population> .[2]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_City> In 2005, it ranked as the eighth
richest urban agglomeration GDP in the world.[3]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico_City>

How many will die when Peak Oil crashes? That would eliminate some carbon
pollution.