permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Japanese hand tools

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Roxann Phillips" <roxann@ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Japanese hand tools
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 16:23:07 -0500

I have a small hand sickle like the one you have pictured and I like it.
I grab a whole handful of whatever I'm cutting and slice through it.
usually I am cutting something to lay on my beds to camouflage the scent
of my freshly planted things. If I do this with the sweet potatoes,
there is a strong scented green weed that grows about waist high in that
area, but has no flower or seed head that I like to use. It must be a
pioneer weed of some sort because it will take over any cleared area
quickly, along with the lamb quarters.

Roxann, Kingston AR, zone 6b
http://www.AncientEarthWisdom.com - medicinal plants
http://www.OzarkGinseng.com - organic ginseng and goldenseal