permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Where the political discussion goes

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Felicity Wright" <flickwright@ozemail.com.au>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Where the political discussion goes
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:20:47 +0930

At our garden meetings we allow each person three agenda items per
month - to be fair to the group.
Many of us have time limits.

Respectfully,
Claudia

What a great idea.

If the list participants who really like to ruminate and post extensively on politics and philosophy were able to contain themselves to one or two 'political' or 'big ideas' post per week, it would perhaps encourage them to be very (more?) mindful of what they are sharing with us.

It would also give those of us who are not interested and/or exercise a bit more restraint in our postings a break (sure, I have lots of opinions on lots of topics too, but don't need to share them or proselytise all the time).... and I'd be more inclined to read those type of contributions. At the moment my delete button gets a good work-out when viewing this list.

With metta
flick

PS: I also loved the suggestion that any specific governmental type political posts are acceptable, providing they are not about North America. Personally, we get enough about such things in our mainstream media in Australia, but hear stuff-all about Portugal, Brazil and some of the other places where fellow list members live.

I agree. Politics have been clogging this list.