permaculture - Re: [permaculture] field composting and winter pest habitat

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Tommy Tolson <healinghawk@earthlink.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] field composting and winter pest habitat
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:50:17 -0500

rafter t. sass wrote:
How do folks in regions that rely on winter kill of pests deal with the effects of leaving all that habitat in their fields?
I think we learn to tolerate and respect the pests' predators and celebrate the biodiversity that we've helped to bring about.
Increasing biodiversity is a certain sign of successful Permaculture practice.

Tommy Tolson
Austin, TX