permaculture - Re: [permaculture] crabgrass eradication

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] crabgrass eradication
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 23:55:21 -0400

paul wrote:

Has anyone tried concentrated vinegar for crabgrass eradication? I use 30 -
60% vinegar for pH adjustment on my tomato crops, and all my neighbors come
by and get some for their weed control. Personally I am too busy to sepnd
time on weed eraditication, but since my neighbors come back every year for
more, I imagine it works for them on some weeds. Vinegar from the grocery
store is about 5% acidity, and that is not what I am referring to. This is
strong stuff! My tomatoes are certified organic, so this vinegar we use is
acceptable to USDA organic standards. I also give my neighbors a liitle yucca
extract to add as a surfactant, but I can't imagine that it is all that
necessary.

Paul

PS really great to see this list back on topic. Let's all do our best to keep
it that way!

I was just going to ask that. It can be had cheap at Walmart and even cheaper at Sams. I was wondering if it would kill poison ivy.

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm