permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Design-Bioregional-Energy/overpopulation

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Don Titmus" <ujgs2@4dirs.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Design-Bioregional-Energy/overpopulation
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:22:36 -0700

To be really CLEAR, just in case....I do not, never will agree to any mass extermination campaigns. For humans or any other animal!

That said. We are in a time of excessive Human population due to major advances in science. We live on an un-sustainable planet. Millions die from starvation, is that moral? Is limiting the human population more or less moral? As a planet we will have to decide sooner or later. I'd rather see it done sooner before more of the planets animals and plants are driven to extinction.

Look again at your Big book, page 2 under Ethics....setting Limits to population and Consumption. We are part of the web and it, of us. Therefore it is our responsibility to BE Stewards of the Earth, animals, plants, and soils, and it is our ethical job to limit ourselves.

who will decide...i dont know...right now WAR continues to "cull" out many of the young males..disease and famine, many of the children and women.

so is it to be conscious or UN-conscious?

Don

----- Original Message ----- From: <Marimike6@cs.com>