permaculture - [permaculture] The spirit of Martin Naylor is with us still...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "rafter t. sass" <geophaestus@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] The spirit of Martin Naylor is with us still...
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 09:01:01 -0700

How about all creepy venting/ranting, particularly violent and rape fantasies, are kept off-list?

Hell, the little punk
should have hit the 12 year Water Oak. That would have stopped him dead.
Might even have killed him but I doubt it. I'm mad but I didn't want him
to die. Maybe I'd take his girlfriend.Too bad I didn't have a brick wall
around my perimeter. Put him with inmates out on the highway shoulder.

No question that the event sucked, and gave folks reason to be angry. No reason to not be angry as hell at the young person who was driving the car. I understand that folks sometimes just need to vent their extreme emotions. Public fora are not the place to do it, however. Particularly when our revenge fantasies play into the violent culture of incarceration and punishment, and goold ol' fashioned Cro-Magnon misogyny as well. Or is there some nuance behind "Maybe I'd take his girlfriend," that I'm missing?

So: Be angry. Find willing ears to listen to you vent. Don't vent those emotions into a global discussion forum unless you are being very thoughtful about what you are saying and how you are saying it.

Thanks.

Picture this – share your photos and you could win big! http://www.GETREALPhotoContest.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM&loc=us

  • [permaculture] The spirit of Martin Naylor is with us still..., rafter t. sass, 06/17/2007