permaculture - Re: [permaculture] metric vs Imperial [was: quarter acre in size]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Trudie Redding" <tredding@mail.utexas.edu>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] metric vs Imperial [was: quarter acre in size]
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:31:42 -0500

I live in Austin Texas and cannot find a hose with a fitting attached
that is a metric measurement. I need it to screw to the threaded water
drainline of a portable a/c. I have looked at every web page and made
numerous calls and no luck.
I bought it from a company in Calif, Sunpentown; it says it's made in
the states, no one has metric plumbing parts here. Most stores say this
is only the beginning "we're getting lots of faucets from elsewhere and
the furniture store IKEA that just opened here , " many items are
metric, no support system for us poor fools who didn't know better and
have metrically measured stuff (brand new).
TrudieTelephone: 512-471-8044