permaculture - [permaculture] Can this scenario kick in Permaculture and its affect on living, current lifestyle traits and cultures? Sure, it will.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "J Kolenovsky" <garden@hal-pc.org>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Can this scenario kick in Permaculture and its affect on living, current lifestyle traits and cultures? Sure, it will.
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 12:08:13 -0500

As quoted in the Vermont Guardian, Oct 2005 - BRATTLEBORO - Good news!
The world is fast approaching dire scarcity of its oil supplies. Their
depletion will lead to a Malthusian catastrophe as oil-driven economies
crash, petroleum-linked world food supplies shrink, transportation costs
skyrocket, and industrialized urbanization reverses itself, sending
people fleeing their SUV-dependent suburbs for a rural lifestyle.

It takes a real optimist to see opportunity in such a dire scenario.
But, a handful of Windham County activists see the end of oil dependence
as the beginning of a better way of life.

"I believe that there are tremendous opportunities embedded in this
whole issue/crisis of peak oil," said Brattleboro ecological engineer
Tad Montgomery.

"Lets get back to the basics of love. "Let's go to Luckenbach, TX with
Waylon and Willie and the boys"....

"So baby let's sell your diamond ring
Buy some boots and faded jeans and go away
This coat and tie is choking me
In your high society you cry all day
We've been so busy keepin' up with the Jones
Four car garage and we're still building on
Maby it's time we got back to the basics of love." (it is spelled
"maby")

Yes, World, still not too late to get back to the basics of love. The
one you left behind at Oil Creek, Titusville, PA, 1859. (few dominant
men in power over all the earth)

J. Kolenovsky, habitat environmentalist www.celestialhabitats.com
Energy shortages proves its right. Peak Oil is changing your lifestyle.
www.energybulletin.net www.peak-oil-news.info/ www.theoildrum.com/

  • [permaculture] Can this scenario kick in Permaculture and its affect on living, current lifestyle traits and cultures? Sure, it will., J Kolenovsky, 06/03/2007