permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Research Institute of Australia

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Sean Maley <semaley@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Research Institute of Australia
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 06:26:46 -0700 (PDT)

> the Permaculture Institute (Bill Mollison)
> should be the gateway for Permaculture.com.

Don't you mean Geoff Lawton? See permaculture.org.au for details. Bill is
still out there, but Geoff has been running the Institute for some time now.
As best as I understand, Bill's health has improved greatly. Geoff has been
seeking permies to take up consulting positions all over the place (big
mult-million $ projects going in the Mideast).

Contact Geoff at geoff at permaculture org au

While we are discussing such things as this, who has sent in their $25 and
PDC class notes to Tagari for certification as a Permaculture Trainer? There
are less than 30 certified teachers world wide. I understand Bill and David
not being listed, but all should consider this step in terms of consistency
(PDC course content consistent with the Design Manual and presented by
someone who took the PDC themselves).

http://www.tagari.com/index.php?page_id=19

Only those listed on this page may issue the PRI/Tagari official
certificates. Geoff guessed around eight were still being processed from the
US alone when I spoke with him a few weeks ago (High Falls, NY). Geoff will
list courses by certified Permaculture teachers on his PRI web site upon
request.

-Sean.

TV dinner still cooling?