permaculture - [permaculture] Phragmites for mulch/compost?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "rafter t. sass" <geophaestus@hotmail.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Phragmites for mulch/compost?
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:17:12 -0700

There is some documentation of allelopathy by phragmites against algaes. I'm worried about other, undocumented allelopathy, as well as constraints on soil algae health.

Does anyone have any evidence or experience on the viability of phragmites mulch and phragmites compost? We could sure use the carbon here at my farm!

Thanks for any and all assistance.

best,
rafter

PC Magazine’s 2007 editors’ choice for best Web mail—award-winning Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_pcmag_0507

  • [permaculture] Phragmites for mulch/compost?, rafter t. sass, 05/17/2007