permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Microclimates

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "roxann" <roxann@ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Microclimates
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 15:37:12 +0000

I have an abundance of rocks and that's what I do with them when building
gardens on the slopes... stack them on the downside of each bed and it
catches water, debris, and soil. over time, the entire hill can be terraced,
which is my goal. almost all of my property is on slopes or between steep
hills and there are certain definite microclimates in there that i do like to
take advantage of.

roxann, nw ar