permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Searching archives for this permaculture list

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Searching archives for this permaculture list
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 14:53:41 -0400

Jim wrote:

Hi-

If you want to search the archives of this list, you can do so with a two step process:

First, use goodgle to search

searchtopic site:https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/permaculture/
(e.g.> "greg williams" site:https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/permaculture/

Second, go to the archives via the home page of this list at
and use your password to get inside them.
Look for the relevant year and month of the responses that come up.

I couldn't however, find the text of Greg Williams critique of permaculture.
If someone has it online, I'd like a copy.
-- Jim

searching the string:
"greg williams" site:https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/permaculture/
yields 1 page of hits:

Pc slammed in Whole Earth Review
WER sent a copy of Gaia's Garden for review to Greg Williams, a one-time ... <I>WER</I> sent a copy of <I>Gaia's Garden</I> for re= view to Greg Williams, ...
lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/permaculture/2002-January/014203.html - 11k -
Cached - Similar pages - Note this
Fw: Pc slammed in Whole Earth Review
WER sent a copy of Gaia's Garden for review to Greg = Williams, a one-time agroforestry guy who publishes the HortIdeas = newsletter. ...
lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/permaculture/2002-January/014204.html - 17k -
Cached - Similar pages - Note this
BELOW READ TOBY"S REPLY ONGOING stuff
Hello Mark: Thanks for sending me the thoughts stimulated by Greg Williams's critique of permaculture. I wouldn't describe myself as feeling "stung" by his ...
lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/permaculture/2002-January/014309.html - 27k -
Cached - Similar pages - Note this
Pc slammed in Whole Earth Review
Greg Williams exists within the mechanised food industry, georg parlow does not. There are no aesthetic appreciations when food is a resource to be ...
lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/permaculture/2002-January/014222.html - 6k -
Cached - Similar pages - Note this
[permaculture] Re: The meagre harvest of yield
I do believe such linear equations are the subterranean pathways of our thinking and it is for this reason we might have over-reacted to Greg Williams ...
lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/permaculture/2002-January/014399.html - 12k -
Cached - Similar pages - Note this
Fw: [PermacultureUK] - NOT SEEING THE WOOD FROM THE TREES
(Britain) > http://www.permaculture.org.uk > --------------------- > Hallo all > > I've been able to read in full Greg Williams complaints about ...
lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/permaculture/2002-January/014348.html - 9k -
Cached - Similar pages - Note this
[permaculture] Honey locust pods
Greg Williams of NAFEX and NNGA used to collect cultivars. One that comes to mind is "Millwood." "Ashworth" from northern New York state may be avaialble ...
lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/permaculture/2005-December/022519.html - 4k -
Cached - Similar pages - Note this
The meagre harvest of yield
... when yield was discussed it was not confined to the limiting conceptions of Greg Williams (and what I see as our knee-jerk reaction in responding within ...
lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/permaculture/2002-January/014346.html - 10k -
Cached - Similar pages - Note this
Fw: [PermacultureUK] - yield figures
Sounds like Greg Williams has gone for this and largely ignored the > overall system design aspect. As far as I am concerned, permaculture > design is a ...
lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/permaculture/2002-January/014261.html - 7k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
[permaculture] Re: The meagre harvest of yield
That would have been a good tack to take to answer Greg Williams. So to wrap up this mass of verbiage, I think we're safe measuring things like yield if we ...
lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/permaculture/2002-January/014372.html - 6k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages - Note this

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm