permaculture - Re: [permaculture] - GLOBAL WARMING:- A different 'take' on it

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Laurence Gaffney" <lgaffney@bigpond.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] - GLOBAL WARMING:- A different 'take' on it
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:58:00 +1000

Thank you Travis
The Ruddiman Paper is the kind of thing I was after.

1. A quote from the Website of the World Data Center for Paleoclimatology:-
"While it might seem simple to determine cause and effect between carbon
dioxide and climate from which change occurs first, or from some other means,
the determination of cause and effect remains exceedingly difficult.
Furthermore, other changes are involved in the glacial climate, including
altered vegetation, land surface characteristics, and ice-sheet extent."
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/paleo.html

2. The Ice Core Data confirms the Link between Temperature Change & CO2.
This is not an issue.
But it is fair to say that their is still some discussion as to why
historically at least CO2 appears to lag behind temperature.

3. A Theory that proposes that Life on Earth of which Forests are/were a
largish subset may have something to do with regulating Global Climate makes
this Permaculturalists Antenna stick up.

Any other contributions relating to the specific theory?

Laurence Gaffney

Message: 6