permaculture - Re: [permaculture] 'resurrecting' the thread

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Marimike6@cs.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] 'resurrecting' the thread
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:34:26 EDT

"As for strict rules: touch a hot stove, or stick your head under a falling
rock and see if there aren't rules."

Thanks for pointing that out, Gene. I''ve always made it my mission to obey
the law of gravity.

>From a certain perspective (yours) it looks like there is nobody in charge,
and hence chaos must be the explanation. And if there is somebody in
charge, then why the hell would she let the dark side persist? Good
questions and no simple answers, except to say that she stays out of it and
lets us work out our own shit.

Another way to look at it is Zeus and the other guys on Olympus are always
wrestling over who's in charge. Some times it's the comic god who wins.
Others,
it's the tragic one. And in times like ours, it's the wrathful demons of
tantric Buddhism.

Same thing with the Real World. Some say it was intelligently designed.
Others, that it just "grew like Topsy".

My secret suspicion is that it was designed by a committee.