permaculture - [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Photo of a "No spray" sign]

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Photo of a "No spray" sign]
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:39:52 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SANET-MG] Photo of a "No spray" sign
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 05:54:36 -0700
From: Matthew Shepherd (Xerces Society) <mdshepherd@XERCES.ORG>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Hello,

We are writing a publication for the National Agroforestry Center on how
to reduce pesticide impacts to crop-pollinating native bees and would
like to have a photo of a "no spray" sign - that is in the field, not
just an image of a sign - to illustrate the publication.

Does anyone on this list have photos of signs in the field that say
something to the effect of "Please, don't spray pesticides" because of
adjacent organic farms, native habitat plantings, etc.? Or for any
reason for that matter? And, if so, would you be willing to let us
consider it for inclusion in an educational publication? We would make
sure that full credit was given.

If not, any ideas for where we can find such a photo?

Much thanks!! And, please respond directly to Mace Vaughan at
mace@xerces.org.

Cheers,
Mace
*The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation
*Mace Vaughan
Conservation Director, Entomologist/Educator
4828 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Portland, OR 97215-3252 USA
office: 503-232-6639 fax: 503-233-6794 mobile: 503-753-6000
email: mace@xerces.org

The Xerces Society is an international nonprofit organization that
protects the
diversity of life through invertebrate conservation. To join the
Society, make
a contribution, or read about our work, please visit http://www.xerces.org
<http://www.xerces.org/>

  • [permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Photo of a "No spray" sign], Lawrence F. London, Jr., 03/20/2007