permaculture - [permaculture] keeping subject lines relevant

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "J. Kolenovsky" <garden@hal-pc.org>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] keeping subject lines relevant
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 21:29:00 -0600

Sounds cool and something that I might even get into.

JK

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:11:37 -0800 (PST)
From: John Fritz <johnfritz77@yahoo.com>
To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

O.K. I get that. This is what I was saying to another list member and
I did not know why it was being sent to me...unless I, absent-mindedly,
did this also. I always try to clip my replies and keep the subject
line relevant and specific to the message...TRY, being the operative
word here. I will try harder, but if I fail I quess I am the one that
loses.

Just a suggestion. I don't know if the feature I am about to describe
is available to you on the list serve you are using, but it has recently
been added to a yahoogroup I belong to
(RunningOnEmpty2) and makes replying much easier. At the end of each
message there are three links for three seperate options in replying.
One is a direct reply to the author of the post that does not load the
original message in the text box. The other two are links for replying
as a post to the group or to the forum (IIRC) I am not sure of the
distinction between these second and third options. Replying as a post
to the group does load the original post to the text box of the reply.
One reason I like this feature is that it ensures that the subject line
will not be a generic "digest" number but will be an addendum to the
original posters subject.

Another feature that ROE2 recently adapted through yahoo is that each
message in the index of an individual digest is a link to the actual
message, in the digest. So, for instance, if I want to reply to message
7 of 15 I do not have to scroll down and try to decipher where one
message (and its' included precedents) ends and another begins. I just
click on message 7 in the index and I am instanly there. Again, I don't
know if these options are available on the list serve that is presenting
this group, but I thought it was worth mentioning.