permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Franken vs. lush bimbo etc.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Loren Davidson <listmail@lorendavidson.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Franken vs. lush bimbo etc.
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:54:12 -0800

Is there any particular reason why we cannot have a discussion that honors the Permaculture principle of valuing diversity here?

I see nothing in the Permaculture ethic of "Care for the Earth; care for the people" that justifies or condones namecalling and personal insults.

Loren

At 1:20 PM -0800 2/19/07, John Fritz wrote:
>From your comments below it seems you are aware of the lies that corporate media (such as Fox, Clear Channel etc) are foisting upon a generally unsuspecting public. I think we can agree that radio shows selling air time to advertisers are going to have the repulsive aspects you mentioned (such as canned and phony laughter etc) regardless of the content or editorial bent of the show. I am not taking issue with you on this part of Air America. I am taking issue with what appears to be your unwillingness to acknowledge that there is a qualitative difference between the lush bimbos, Hannitys and O'Riellys, on the one hand, and the Al Frankens, Randi Rhodes, and Amy Goodmans on the other hand. The former is invested in perpetrating lies at the expense of their listeners, while the latter is commited to exposing those lies. Not to mention that the former are almost entirely chicken hawks unwilling to fight the wars they want everyone else to fight. As I said in the first
post, at least Franken has enough of a pair to actually go to Iraq, regulary, and support the morale of the troops there. I think Franken is probably one of the weakest for getting the truth out, though his satire does have its' value. If you want to know what the truth is listen to Amy Goodman and her Democracy Now show, or the Randi Rhodes segment of Air America.
John Fritz, NW Arkansas.
John Fritz wrote:

You are the one looking like a "doofus". Franken is running for
senator of Minnesota, not for president of the U.S.
At least Franken has the integrity to visit the troops in Iraq to
entertain and help with their morale.
HIs words are supported by his actions. Why did you attack his
intelligence without any corroborating evidence?

I have coroborating evidence. You are the doofus for being taken in by
that leftist weenie gasbag. I have heard his radio show. I always hit
the switch when the laughing machine comes on grovelling and guffawing,
carping and whining. That imbecillic woman sidekick who gushes forth
with the same phony laughter spurt every five
minutes, at the least provocation, usually nothing humorous. Franken
wouldn't know what to do with himself without her around; the show would
fall apart. Its the left analogue of the Rush Limbaugh show.

If he is typical of the answer the Democrats, The Left, The
Progressives, The Greens, etc., all the good guys, have in
answer to all the rightwing-sponsored government-corporate collusion and
corruption, the mess we witness daily, the
erosion of the fabric of our society and our culture, then there's no
hope for us.

I have two interesting friends in my neighborhood. One is an 82 year old
homesteading 3rd generation farmer and loyal
Democrat who said that Hillary Clinton has more sense in her big toe
than George Bush has in his enttire body. The other
is a Vietnam War Marine Veteran, who saw action, who is also a loyal
Democrat, who maintains that the Democrats are the
friend of the soldier and stand up for the common man always and without
exception. Maybe I am too harsh about Franken
and he may deserve another listen, which I will do. But these days
people in the public eye need to talk the talk and
walk the walk. You're either part of the solution, or you're part of the
problem.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.