permaculture - [permaculture] Design Software

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Zack <zack@riseup.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Design Software
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 01:00:11 +0000 (UTC)

I've used a combination of Illustrator and Photoshop for design work in the
past. I'll usually draft a map in pencil, scan it into Illustrator and draw
over
it. The program itself is wonderful for overlays, making it easy to rapidly
view
and/or print different versions of the design. Where it gets tedious for me is
in hand drawing layers (plantings, color, shadows, etc.) and importing them.
I'm
curious if anyone has experience with software that can quickly generate
accurate, and important for me, beautiful presentation and working plans.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Zack

  • [permaculture] Design Software, Zack, 02/06/2007