permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: Oppose cloining animals for food

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett@frontiernet.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [Fwd: Oppose cloining animals for food
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:39:09 -0500

Isn't it the case that cloned animals still have shortened lifespans? (I don't mean shortened by the butcher!) And, overall, they do not thrive? Local news covered a clone dairy. The owner was very angry about the money he spent on cloning. Most of his clones were only shades of their 'moms' and, although he got into cloning for a diary operation, he said that he wouldn't want his own children drinking clone milk.

My point: we do not knowingly eat animals that are not well nor do we drink milk from unhealthy animals. Isn't that what clones are? Just the foreshortened lifespan w.b. 'weird' enough to say 'unclean'!

Am I wrong about the 'unknown longevity issues' of clones?

-Allan